What is massage therapy? Massage therapy park city is to help with health conditions and enhance an individual’s wellness. Massage therapy involves manipulating soft tissues in the body. Massage therapy is practiced in many cultures, both Western and Eastern, it was one of the first tools that people used to help them relieve pain and relax the body.
The term massage therapy involves many different techniques. The most common technique in the massage therapy world is called Swedish massage: this type of massage is the core of most other massage types. Other types of massages include hot stone massage, sports massage, deep tissue massage, and pregnancy massage. There is also a clinical massage which is used to help and release muscle spasms.
Does Massage Therapy Help With Pain?
Getting a massage has been proven to help with several types of pain, including neck, shoulder, and back pain. Massage therapy can also help with headaches and pain from osteoarthritis in the knee. These are the message types that can help with pain:
- Back Pain-if you’re experiencing back pain then both Swedish and deep tissue massage is a great choice to help relieve back pain. Getting a massage has been proven to help with back pain for up to 6 months after the appointment.
- Headaches-for headaches the best massage is the deep tissue massage. Because during a deep tissue massage the therapist uses firm pressure to massage the deeper layers, deep tissue massage can help relax stiff muscles that are the cause of headache pain.
- Shoulder Pain-if you’re dealing with shoulder pain then a Swedish massage is the best choice. Swedish massage relaxes muscles and tissues, making it great for those who are suffering from neck and shoulder pain.
Facts About Massage Therapy
- Massage therapy is very important for professional athletes. Professional athletes work really hard when it comes to training and playing the game. Often they wake up with sore muscles and injuries and they need to recover quickly before their next game. Athletes will often turn to massage therapy to help them recover.
- Massage therapy might help you live longer. An hour massage has the same effect on your body as 8 hours of sleep, which helps your body instantly relax and reduce stress. Fun fact, a guy named Bob Hope who used to get a massage daily ended up living till he was 100 years old.
- Massage therapy has shown to be an effective treatment for the following conditions; Cancer fatigue, chronic back pain, migraines, and post-surgery pain.
- Babies will fall asleep much faster when they are massaged than when they are rocked. They will also stay asleep longer after receiving a massage.
- Getting a massage can help those with Parkinson’s disease restore mobility. Massage therapy can also help with arthritis, anxiety, depression, and loneliness.
- Massage therapy park city can help prevent future injuries. By relieving tension, massages can actually help prevent injuries that might happen after putting stress on your body or overworking your body.